I’m putting a positive spin on the fact that I screwed up one of my books! At least it was one I was making for myself and not a customer’s order.
I’m not sure how this happened, but the punching holes were off on one of my templates. I didn’t discover this until I got ready to sew the book and the holes didn’t line up.
I was able to fudge the center holes but the two outermost holes were significantly off and had to be re-punched, leaving me with an extra set of holes.
I sewed the book anyhow, trying to ignore the extra holes but when I was all finished they were screaming at me for attention. I decided to run a thread through them to make it look like I meant to do that! It adds a unique look to the book and you’d never know I screwed up except for the fact that I just told you!